Hi, I’m Africa!
I am a web developer, accessibility engineer and former occupational therapist.
- community building, blogging and content creation
- creating dynamic, human centered web applications that focus on user wellness
- advocating for the well-being of developers and end users
- working with technology to increase accessibility for neuro-typical individuals + those with cognitive, physical, +/ emotional needs
🌱 My skills:
- Build RESTful API’s using the MERN stack
- Robust knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 - W3C
🔭 I’m currently working on
Contributing to building Accessible For All. This open source project is a community dedicated to making the web more accessible for everyone, starting with educating designers and developers on accessibility best practices from an early stage.
💬 Ask me about:
- stretch break tips for tech workers
- my fascination with assistive technology
- human centered design and universal design
- ergonomics (standing desks and specialized keyboards/ mice have saved my life!)
⚡ Fun fact:
One of the reasons I transitioned from the therapy field to technology is because I became interested in how the web worked with the assisitive technology my students and patients were using.
📽️ I share
yoga tips for computer users, as well as talk about my journey merging therapy and technology on my YouTube channel: https://youtube.com/user/africakenyah